If Your Son Wears Swimming Shorts Like THIS, You Need To Check Them IMMEDIATELY. Here’s Why!

A mother has started a campaign warning of the dangers of mesh lined swimming shorts after they gave her son a horrific injury whilst the pair were holidaying in Lanzarote. Laura Collins, from Derbyshire, England, was undressing her five year old son, Jack, when she discovered that his penis had become entangled in the lining. “He let out the most gut-wrenching scream I’ve ever heard; it’s a sound no mother should ever hear,” She said.

“I knew it was caught in some way but I couldn’t figure it out and he was very distressed. I carried him to reception and asked for some scissors. When I explained what had happened they said I needed to get him straight to a doctor.”

swimming shorts danger 1

However, Laura and Jack had just as little luck at the local health center:

“The netting had became caught around the end of his willy and it was strangulating it. There were two little bubbles either side, like skin, like it was going to burst. They decided at that point he needed to go to hospital.”

The boy was rushed to hospital and given a local anaesthetic, and doctors eventually managed to cut him free. Medics were concerned about Jack’s urinary tract being blocked or damaged through the pressure of the netting, rather than any damage to the outside. But luckily, after a while, Jack was able to urinate freely and doctors confirmed he had suffered no lasting damage.

swimming shorts danger 2

And now Jack has been left traumatized by the incident.

 “Jack was very upset about it afterwards … He keeps talking about it now … He talks about how he nearly lost his willy on holiday and goes on about the naughty netting. He’s been warning all his friends as he doesn’t want the same thing to happen to them.I never imagined something like this could happen but I want all parents to make sure they remove the netting from swimming shorts.”

So, parents, check your kids’ swimming shorts now, before it’s too late.